What cooking technique lets you cook your meal quickly, without a lot of fuss, using only one pan? You could even do it with one hand tied behind your back!
s t i r f r y
eight tips for stir-fry beginners:
- Cut meat and seafood into bite-size pieces before marinating.
- Chop all your vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange vegetables in the order they are to be cooked.
- Mix your sauce ingredients before you start cooking. This allows you to give your undivided attention to the dish you’re stir-frying.
- Preheat your wok or pan. Do not add the oil or other ingredients to the pan until it is hot.
- “Season” the oil. Many recipes call for the garlic, ginger, shallot, or chili to go into the pan first, to flavor the oil for the cooking that follows.
- Avoid overcrowding the food in your frying pan or wok. Most recipes call for less than a pound of meat. More than that can make it difficult to cook all the ingredients evenly.
- Keep things moving in the pan. Remember it’s stir-frying, so stir, and don’t stare!
I made stiry fry using sesame oil, fresh pineapple, noodles & assorted vegetables.
The strawberries were for after but I ate them 1st.