in these troubled times
Top Stories (see what I mean?)
(CNN at 1am Monday MY time)
- Israeli PM Olmert declares intent to resign
- CNNMoney: Bush wants $700B bailout power
- Mbeki’s departure marks ‘end of an era’
- Nightclub fireworks blaze kills 43
- 50 dead in Chinese mining accidents
- Hong Kong girl sick from tainted milk
- Dozens hurt in Iraqi weekend violence
- German, Somali wife abducted in Somalia
- Police raid evangelist’s compound
- Slovenians vote in tight elections 43 min
- German far right anti-Muslim demo banned
- Bolivians ‘ready to storm’ richest city
- Ocean debris expected to get worse
- Blaine’s next stunt could leave him blind
- George Michael in ‘toilet drugs arrest’
we need to remember what brings us joy….
What does the the charming french phrase
joie de vivre [zhwah de veev-ra]
enjoyment of life [French, literally: joy of living]
evoke for you?
* * *
Join me in posting an image (preferably yours) or naming a item,
or event that
bought you Joire de Vivre this week.
Post on your blog and feel free to link back here that we may all share.
* * * * *
Wuthering Heights Weather.
For me, the joy of this photograh is not the weather it shows arriving, rather being able to capture it at all.
I had given up trying to snap lightening – that’s advanced stuff to me…
so the joire de vivre came from the sense of accomplishment, after the delight of looking and actually ‘seeing’. The little patch of blue is a reminder that just as before, beyond storms there will be better days.
Scroll down for the cute sms that came through.
I received a text message from an Aussie friend in Abu Dahbi:
‘Just saw camels while on the way to the office. Ha’